Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 8: Europe

 So this was our second day in Den Haag. I kind of bought too many Groupons for Den Haag. We left Hans and Karen's place :( and ate at an Italian restaurant. We had such a good meal, I think that was definitely in the top 3 places we ate at.

 We then went up to the Peace Palace area and used another Groupon at a dessert place. This was also amazing. We had like 20 euros to spend for all kinds of really good European cakes, custards, etc. Because we were stuffed we just kept the desserts with us for the whole day and started eating them the next day.

 We took the trams around town, went through Gouveneurlaan which was a street we felt inspired to tract. We had so much success on that street. We found tons of people to teach and as far as I know, at least 2 people were baptized from that street. We visited Raja Remigius who is someone we tracted into on my mission. It's interesting, Raja is actually an exiled prince of the northern kingdom of Sri Lanka. It was fun visiting with him. He had recently been on a tv show that I saw an episode of and was on the cover of the British Financial times. This is my 2nd time visiting him after my mission and both times he's had these really good cakes that he knows I like, that he bought specifically for me.

 We then went to the area by my old apartment, we went by some old investigators places, went by my apartment, ran into the missionaries, went by the church and then more old investigators, unfortunately no one was home.


Eventually, we were pretty tired, and by then we were about done with Den Haag. We went to get our stuff and then went to the car. We drove to an Indonesian restaurant. I loved it! I wish we had Indonesian places here in the states...maybe we do, I just haven't looked hard enough. I wish I could describe it too. It's so good.

So we ate there, and then drove to the beach, we caught the tail-end of the sunset. It was really cold on the beach.
 
Afterwards we went to Spijkenisse, which is a city south of Rotterdam. We visited with Mark van der Donk and stayed the night there.

No comments:

Post a Comment